Brown’s philosophy is based on a combination of objective and dual-aspect idealism, theoretical Christianity, monotheism and indeterminism. He believes that reality exists and is knowable, but it is not reducible to material or physical entities. He believes that reality has two aspects: the mental and the physical, which are both real and irreducible to each other. He believes that God is the ultimate source and cause of reality, and that God is a personal being who interacts with his creation. He believes that human beings have free will and moral responsibility, and that they can choose between good and evil. He believes that the purpose of life is to find one’s true self and to fulfill one’s destiny.
Brown has written several philosophical essays on various topics, such as ontology, the meaning of life, the problem of evil, the nature of consciousness and the existence of God. Some of his works are:
– Ontological essay: In this essay, Brown explores the question of what exists and what does not exist. He argues that existence is a fundamental property of reality, and that nothing can come from nothing. He also argues that existence is not a predicate or a concept, but a relation between a subject and an object. He criticizes some ontological arguments for the existence of God, such as Anselm’s and Descartes’, and proposes his own version based on the principle of sufficient reason.
– The meaning of life: In this essay, Brown discusses the question of why we exist and what is the purpose of our existence. He argues that life has an intrinsic meaning and value, and that it is not a random or meaningless phenomenon. He also argues that life has a transcendent meaning and value, and that it is related to God’s plan and will. He proposes some criteria for finding one’s true self and one’s destiny, such as self-knowledge, self-expression, self-actualization and self-transcendence.
– The problem of evil: In this essay, Brown addresses the question of how to reconcile the existence of evil with the existence of an omnipotent, omniscient and omnibenevolent God. He analyzes some possible solutions to the problem of evil, such as the free will defense, the soul-making defense, the greater good defense and the skeptical theism defense. He also proposes his own solution based on the idea of divine hiddenness and divine testing.
– The nature of consciousness: In this essay, Brown explores the question of what consciousness is and how it relates to the physical world. He argues that consciousness is not a physical phenomenon or a product of brain activity, but a mental phenomenon or a property of mind. He also argues that consciousness is not an illusion or an epiphenomenon, but a real and causal phenomenon. He proposes some criteria for identifying conscious beings, such as self-awareness, intentionality, qualia and agency.
– The existence of God: In this essay, Brown examines the question of whether God exists or not. He evaluates some arguments for and against the existence of God, such as the cosmological argument, the teleological argument, the moral argument, the ontological argument, the problem of evil, the argument from divine hiddenness and the argument from religious experience. He also presents his own argument for the existence of God based on the principle of contingency.
¹: Alapító – Egyesült Filozófusok Társasága https://johnaten.vivaldi.net/2023/05/10/15/46/56/14774445/alapito/personal/johnaten/
²: Ontológiai esszém – \uD83D\uDC51 Johnaten Draken Brown \uD83D\uDC51 – Wattpad https://www.wattpad.com/myworks/240475037-ontol%C3%B3giai-essz%C3%A9m
³: Better than Hasbro’s RISK® game – Play Online Free – Warzone https://www.warzone.com/Forum/690543-alapt
: Rólunk – Egyesült Filozófusok Társasága https://johnaten.vivaldi.net/2023/05/09/14/56/04/14774382/rolunk/50_likes/johnaten/
: Kategória: Philosophy – Egyesült Filozófusok Szervezete https://johnaten.vivaldi.net/category/philosophy/
: I’m John, a Cadet at the End of the World – Johnaten Draken Brown … https://medibang.com/book/xu2304280554360170019207652/
Forrás: Beszélgetés a Binggel, 2023. 05. 10.
(1) Rólunk – Egyesült Filozófusok Társasága. https://johnaten.vivaldi.net/2023/05/09/14/56/04/14774382/rolunk/50_likes/johnaten/.
(2) Kategória: Philosophy – Egyesült Filozófusok Szervezete. https://johnaten.vivaldi.net/category/philosophy/.
(3) I’m John, a Cadet at the End of the World – Johnaten Draken Brown …. https://medibang.com/book/xu2304280554360170019207652/.